General Manager | Aftersales Manager
£41,000 to £45,000 + Bonus
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a General Manager | Aftersales Manager within our (insert location here) Branch to provide the leadership required to efficiently and effectively manage the branch in order to meet and exceed the customer’s requirements. You will be required to own all aspects of leading and managing a Scania Branch in order to deliver excellent customer service, and achieve financial and operational targets.
* To own all aspects of leading and managing a Scania branch in order to deliver excellent customer service
* Set objectives for each supervisor / direct report consistent with Scania objectives and pertinent to local priorities and needs and review performance on a monthly basis
* To coach and develop skills and ideas to continuously improve performance and meet KPI’s
* Ensure high personal visibility within the business and ensure all colleagues are aware of their personal objectives and the on-going performance of the branch
* Proactively manage major customer relationships through regular meetings
* To ensure compliance with all Health & Safety legislation and high awareness of same
* To ensure the representation of the Scania brand is optimised through a systemised and consistent approach
* To embrace all Scania initiatives, programmes and projects and ensure they are supported and developed throughout the business
* To ensure the Scania core values are alive and active in each department and can be articulated by all employees
Key requirements for the role:
* Demonstrable experience within a similar environment
* Previous managerial experience or supervisory experience
* Ability to build and lead a successful and motivated team
* IT skills, presentation skills and written reporting skills
* Negotiating and influencing both internally and externally
* Positive attitude and respect towards individuals
* Awareness and understanding of legislative requirements, including O licence, Health & Safety MOT, Tachographs etc.
* To work with and fully understand Management Accounts
* The ability to organise work on own initiative and work under pressure
* Building a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with the customer
* Listening to and anticipating customer needs in the short, medium and long term
* Effective Service Delivery skills, including:
* Ability to manage customer needs and expectations
* Ability to actively seek solutions to problems, at a managerial level
* Effective time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines under pressure
* Full Clean UK Driving Licence (desirable)
* Knowledge of ADP Autoline / Multi / SDP3 / Warranty and AS400 systems (desirable)
* Flexible approach to working hours
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, childcare vouchers, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer first, Respect for the Individual and Quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Agencies**