Motorpoint Plc. is looking for an exceptional leader to head up our Chingford site as a General Manager.
We are the largest independent vehicle retailer in the UK, with a multichannel, disruptive business model and a compelling customer proposition built around choice, value and service.
Why don’t you accept our challenge to work alongside one of the most successful management teams in 2016, be the best you can be everyday and showcase your true talent? Be part of our next stage of growth as we capture additional market share of the nearly-new vehicle market in the UK.
Should you wish to accept this challenge you will be captivated by our people and the culture that surrounds us. This is a fantastic time to join our business; placed successfully for a 3rd year in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for in 2017.
It’s our people that make our success possible; our culture and our values are represented in every interaction we have and we believe that sets apart from our competition. Do you want a career where you can finally become recognised and rewarded for your efforts and be proud of working in a business that’s really going somewhere?
If you have the drive and determination we have the career for you.
To drive the site forward strategically, by providing commercial direction to your team to deliver the company strategy and to develop and deliver continual site profitability.
We are looking for an individual with a broad base of demonstrable sales and Management experience. The successful individual will develop and execute our people strategy across the site.
This is a key leadership role with responsibility for a team of circa 45. You will provide month- on- month exponential profit growth to the site by acting as a key driver on issues involving commercial performance and people.
The purpose of this role is to develop and lead the successful site operations and drive positive growth and transformation to drive profitability and performance at all levels.
You will be expected to engage with and influence your direct reports to ensure the site operation is aligned with business goals and key strategic initiatives. This is a demanding leadership role which offers the challenge and opportunity to further positively shape the Motorpoint brand and future.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Through inspirational leadership, engage your team to consistently deliver exceptional branch standards, great customer service, good operational processes and strong financial controls
- Encourage and inspire the team to achieve targets and make suggestions to enhance performance which drive results
- Deliver and exceed sales budget in all areas
- Development of a business plan for the branch
- Effectively manage the P&L controllable cost within allocated budget in order to affect a profitable performance for the site and area
- Manage and coach colleagues to maximize sales and margin
- Ensure, through reports, branch space and stock levels are managed effectively to maximize sales
- Create a positive and empowering working environment resulting in team retention
- Clearly and concisely communicate the business objectives to the team to ensure they remain well informed of business activity and of their required contribution to those goals
- Conduct regular performance reviews to set objectives and provide coaching and support to deliver results
- Understand the local market conditions through competitor visits, with the purpose of making appropriate and innovative recommendations to drive the business forward
- Lead, coach and develop the sales team to increase sales, market share and margin
- Develop effective working relationships across all internal departments
- Support interdepartmental relationships so our products give a point of difference and further increase the Motorpoint competitive advantage
- Maintain excellent knowledge of market and industry developments and assess possible implications for the business
Reports to : Head of Operations South
- Strategic thinker with a pragmatic approach to achieving business goals
- A strong background in developing/ leading employee engagement
- Confident communicator who is able to build trust and credibility quickly
- Highly visible and able to offer proactive solutions and ideas
- Intellect coupled with a strong commercial acumen
- Track record of delivering leadership at both operational and strategic levels
- Demonstrable experience of influencing change
- Strong retail and people management experience from a commercial and customer focused environment
- Proven track record of exceeding sales and profit targets through inspirational leadership, coaching and customer service
- P&L management experience
- A desire for continuous personal and professional development
- Verbal, written to include report writing and group presentations
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Commercially sound with a good understanding of profit and loss accounting and the influence of operating factors
- Excellent organisation skills, able to prioritise
- A collaborative team player concerned with the team success as well as individual performance
- Visible Leadership skills - can motivate others to achieve
- An entrepreneurial mind-set, ability to take initiative and react quickly to shifting priorities
- Self starter - high energy levels
- Positive and Enthusiastic
- Strong professionally - credible with integrity
- Good Listener - will challenge constructively and respond well to feedbac
- Company car
- Private medical insurance (family cover)
- Company pension scheme
- Competitive salary and uncapped bonus
- Long term incentive plan after 12 months service
- Life Assurance
- Share Incentive Scheme