The role holder is required to generate impressive results by increasing sales and revenue across the whole dealership. Key challenges will be to lead, coach and develop a team of colleagues to achieve the strategic objectives of the dealership and exceed the planned profitability of the site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the growth and development of all departments within the dealership and will be challenged to exceed targets, achieve high customer satisfaction levels and deliver a good profit performance. Their General Managers are expected to be the best in the industry and as a successful and growing business they make no apologies for being highly selective in the calibre of new Managers joining the business. We are looking for an experienced, talented General Manager with an enviable and proven track record of performance. The ideal candidate will be committed to achieving excellence. You will be able to clearly demonstrate your ability to generate impressive results by increasing sales performance, profitability and operating efficiency. You must have strong leadership and people management skills as your primary focus it to lead your team to deliver their business objectives. You will be expected to drive the business forward and maximise customer satisfaction whilst motivating and managing the whole team.
You will be able to demonstrate that you share the company values and possess strong leadership, communication and organisational skills We are looking for individuals who possess the following competencies:
• Leading and Supervising
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts
• Persuading and Influencing
• Presenting and Communicating Information
• A Proven Track Record of Performance
• A full, valid UK Driving License Role & Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
• Customer Relationship: To take responsibility for the active management of all customer relationships matters and to maintain the highest possible CSI results.
• Revenue Generation & Profit Performance: To maximise Sales and Aftersales departmental revenues and profit margins in excess of the business plans and to actively seek and deliver new business opportunities.
• Policies and Processes: To be a champion of Group policy and process and ensure they are explained, understood and implemented by all colleagues. To specifically ensure all Health and Safety legislation & policies are adhered to.
• Marketing Strategy: To develop and actively manage the dealerships sales and aftersales marketing strategy with the Operational Director in line with Group policies and initiatives.
• Finance & Cost Control: To work closely with your Dealership Accountant to understand, monitor, control and reduce costs and to actively explore cost saving initiatives in line with the Group's War on Waste strategy.
• Recruitment: To ensure the selective and effective recruitment of colleagues and ensure there effective induction.
• Motivating the Team: To set the vision and objectives and keep the team updated with progress toward them. To lead the strategy and incentivise colleagues to achieve their objectives and recognise/reward then when they do so.
• Performance Management: To ensure your management team actively set individual targets, continuously monitor colleague's performance and provide first class coaching, support and training to support this.
• Manufacturer Relationship & Standards: To professionally and effectively manage the franchise relationship with the manufacturer and exceed all related standards. To ensure all manufactures targets (CSI & registration targets etc.) are actively negotiated, managed and communicated to the team.
• Company Presentation: To ensure excellence in both the way the dealership and all colleagues are presented and exceed both Company and Manufactures standards.
This employer offers a range of benefits you would expect from an employer of choice, including a competitive salary with an OTE £65,000 - £85,000, company car and pension scheme. If you are interested in joining the most progressive team in the industry please apply now for this Motor Trade Job.