We are currently looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join a prestigious Automotive company at their busy vehicle import Centre in Southampton.
The role reports directly to the UK Financial Controller and is responsible for the control and Finance of the South function of the UK branch of the business as well as managing 2 direct reports.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills, ensuring stringent cost controls. You must be analytical, possess a good level of expertise in development of and analysis of work processes and KPI results and be customer focused as well as a good communicator at all levels.
The main aspects of the role include:
- Ensure the centre operates within agreed budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for the smooth financial operation of the stores department with regards to purchase controls, stock checks, monthly accruals and reconciliations between physical stock and workshop management system stock.
- Evaluation of monthly results to ensure they are consistent with the budget.
- Responsible for overseeing prompt and accurate treatment of all administrative aspects of marine damages.
- Ensure that invoicing is done accurately and on a timely basis. Checks to be made in respect of invoicing done by others members of staff to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure the purchase orders are issued promptly and accurately, in line with the Company system requirements, and purchase invoices appropriately signed off and allocated, and interrogate any discrepancies.
- Responsible for analysing headcount and direct labour costs on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for the formulation and production of monthly accounting information and reports, as well as local budget and reforecast data.
- Re-appraise operations. Seek continual improvement in practises, processes, materials to challenge best practise and cost effectiveness.
- Work with the Centre Manager and Head Office Functional Managers to improve finance based management information by development of reporting frameworks and the use of KPI's.
The successful candidate will be CIMA qualified (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) or other recognisable accounting body.
A fluent French speaker would be preferable and it is essential that all candidates are fluent in English.
You must have a minimum of 3 years post qualified experience, ability to manage direct reporting roles and department team members and be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of current accounting standards including IFRS. Excellent knowledge of P&L / balance sheet mechanisms and key driver.