4 months ago
ESFA Funding / Data Analyst
Full-Time / Part Time (37.5 hours) - Permanent
£28,000.00 - £32,000.00
Skillnet is a specialist provider of Apprenticeships in the automotive sector. Operating nationally, each year we manage the training for more than 4000 people. We run the national Apprenticeship Programmes for Ford, Daf Trucks and Scania Great Britain as well as programmes for independent motor businesses.
Overall Job Purpose
Responsible for data submissions to the ESFA. Use of Maytas MIS and report extracts to ensure accurate submission..
Responsible for the production, development and improvement of key strategic reports across all areas of the business in accordance with agreed daily and monthly schedules.
Amend and run operational management information reports for Chief Exec, and other Directors, managers and other staff in operations in accordance with established timescales.
* Respond to ad-hoc requests for additional reports from managers when specifically empowered by the Director of IT.
* Actively suggest and implement improvements to reporting practice and systems across the organisation.
* To monitor and correct data quality and integrity across all business systems.
* Actively suggest improvements to business processes in order to improve accuracy and efficiency, whilst maintaining data integrity.
* Amend and run financial management information reports for the Chief Executive and other Directors, managers and staff in operations in accordance with established timescales.
* Respond to ad-hoc requests for additional reports from managers when specifically requested by the Director of IT.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Degree level education in relevant subject.
* Additional IT qualifications
* A full understanding of data modelling, particularly relational database concepts.
* Ability to work with third party SQL databases eg. MAYTAS and exchange data between different systems.
* Ability to write SQL queries.
* Knowledge and understanding of reporting technologies and tools, particularly SQL Server Reporting Services and business intelligence tools.
* Knowledge and understanding of business systems, particularly Microsoft Dynamics CRM and MAYTAS.
* Knowledge and understanding of funding rules for SFA and EFA.
* Excellent numerical skills.
* Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
* Previous Experience
* Working with multiple data sources and disparate business systems.
* Working with reporting tools to produce accurate and informative reports.
* Working with and used to meeting the needs of multiple teams across businesses.
* Working with SFA, EFA and other funding agencies.
* Data integration and migration techniques.
* Personal qualities
* Strong motivation to learn new data and reporting skills.
* Resilient and tenacious with the ability to adapt.
* Full, clean driving licence.
Successful Applicants will receive
* A competitive salary (within range stated above)
* Eligibility for Company Pension Scheme and Private Health Insurance (after completion of probationary period)
* 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
To apply for this role please forward a covering letter and CV to Recruitment4Skillnet@skillnet.org.uk