6 months ago
Development Engineer - Test Cells (Engine)
Job Title: Development Engineer/Technician - Powertrain Test Cells
Department: Design & Development
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Development Team Leader
About the role:
Working within a passionate and highly motivated team you will be responsible for the test, development and validation of Triumph engines, that sit at the core of our iconic motorcycles. Workload will include engine build, Powertrain preparation and instrumentation, various chassis tests using the chassis dynamometer including performance development, base engine calibration, durability and mechanical testing.
Essential skill requirements:
• As the successful candidate, you will bring to this role a strong technical background, supported by a recognised automotive apprenticeship or a level 4 or above automotive/mechanical qualification.
• You should have working knowledge of Test Cell control systems such as AVL Bobcat/Puma or DSG Dataqpro as well as chassis dynamometers.
• It is essential that you are results driven and able to deliver a high quality of work in a highly demanding environment. You must be able to manage a challenging workload and lead issue resolution both individually and part of a cross function team. You should be able to work to strict process and procedures, While be comfortable in challenging existing thinking in a positive way. You must be able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to meet the demands of this role.
Desirable skill requirements:
• Experience of AVL Concerto.
• Experience with vehicle development and diagnostic tools such as INCA, CANape.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Student Loan Repayment Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.