4 months ago
Development Engineer/Technician - Powertrain Test Cells
Job Title: Development Engineer/Technician - Powertrain Test Cells
Department: Design & Development
Location: F2, Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Development Team Leader
About the role:
Working within a passionate and highly motivated team you will be responsible for the test, development and validation of Triumph motorcycles using a chassis dynamometer. Workload will include vehicle preparation and instrumentation, various chassis tests using the chassis dynamometer including vehicle power tests, vehicle cooling and component function tests.
Essential skill requirements:
• As the successful candidate, you will bring to this role a strong technical background, supported by a recognised automotive apprenticeship or a level 3 or above automotive/mechanical qualification.
• You should have working knowledge of chassis dynamometers.
• Excellent computer and analytical skills, including Excel, are essential.
• It is essential that you are results driven and able to deliver a high quality of work in a highly demanding environment. You must be able to manage a challenging workload and lead issue resolution both individually and part of a cross function team. You should be able to work to strict process and procedures, While be comfortable in challenging existing thinking in a positive way. You must be able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to meet the demands of this role.
Desirable skill requirements:
• Experience of AVL Concerto.
• Experience with vehicle development and diagnostic tools.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is 05th January 2018. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world.
At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.