Volkswagen Audi Accounts South
Contract Type: Permanent
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
Main purpose of the job
To collect all debts outstanding to the company. To administer credit limits and monitor debtor accounts ensuring minimal exposure to bad debt
Main Duties / Responsibilities
· Be aware of the importance of good customer service.
· Check all documentation received and report any discrepancies to the relevant department manager.
· Update the sales ledger daily and allocate monies received.
· Ensure customer queries and monitored and appropriate action taken.
· Keep departmental managers informed of outstanding queries.
· Maintaining and creating customer accounts in line with Company policy.
· Produce and distribute weekly debtor reports to management.
· Process all warranty self-billing invoices daily.
· Process all service plan fund statements and reconcile monthly.
· Produce and distribute statements as necessary.
· Raise sundry invoices and credit notes.
· Follow up customers regularly to ensure prompt receipt of payment.
· Reconcile the sales ledger accounts on a monthly basis and produce reports to verify this.
· Liaise with purchase ledger team to clear any reciprocal trading accounts.
· Ensure customers adhere to credit control policy.
Additional Duties / Responsibilities
· Ensure that all filing systems and other records are maintained accurately and efficiently.
· Deal with all telephone calls in a friendly, efficient and professional manner.
· Deal with all internal staff in a friendly, efficient and professional manner.
· Perform ad-hoc duties when required.
· Be familiar with the terms and conditions of employment.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017 and 2018.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.