4 months ago
The role of Control Engineer encompasses all aspects of system modelling, from requirements capture and interpretation, through to experimental validation using bespoke test equipment and dynamometer facilities. You will work closely with other members of the engineering team in related disciplines on a range of technically-challenging projects, often to tight timescales. Reporting to the Principal Control Engineer, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate proven capability and experience in the control engineering field. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced control engineer to acquire new skills, as well as developing existing skills to a higher level.
• Capture and interpretation of control requirements
• Developing novel solutions to real-world problems
• Identification of feature improvements and product optimization
• Core power system and control modeling using Simulink / Matlab environments
• Prototype testing and verification
• Calibration, testing and verification using static and dynamic test rigs
• A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a control-related and/or electronic and electrical engineering discipline.
• 2+ years, a servo/electrical/hybrid power-train control, with an appreciation of the specific requirements associated with high performance electric drive-trains, typical energy storage mechanisms and multiple drive torque sources.
• In-depth practical understanding of classical control theory, both in the analogue and digital domains.
• Good appreciation of modern digital control theory, algorithms, techniques and practical limitations
• Observer-based control design and filtering techniques
• Experience of modeling motion control and electrical traction systems in the Mathworks environment, including energy storage, power electronics, permanent magnet synchronous and asynchronous electric machines and their associated control mechanisms
• Knowledge of C programming and Mathworks S-functions would be an advantage
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with standard office tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
• A team player with the additional ability to work alone unsupervised
• Highly-motivated and capable of working on concurrent activities