Toyota are currently offering a fantastic opportunity as a Technician to join our business based out of our Edgware dealership. This role would suit someone who has an interest in developing their technical knowledge, efficient labour productivity and a keen interest in the automotive industry.
As a Technician you will work to service and repair vehicles with the customer in mind at all times. Knowledgeable and professional, you'll work in your team to maximise workshop utilisation and productivity, delivering excellent quality to the customer and without compromising safety. You will have the drive and determination to succeed in a demanding environment. To qualify for this position you must have a proven track record in technical knowledge and efficient labour productivity.
What we need.
Deliver complete customer satisfaction.
- Liaise with customers where appropriate.
- Where it is required, offer customers a detailed technical explanation in an easy way to understand.
- Listen to the customer and build rapport in order to provide complete customer satisfaction.
- Present yourself with a smart personal appearance.
Comply with Jemca process and standards
- Work as part of the workshop team to carry out scheduled vehicle service and repair work, in accordance with the manufacturer technical standards.
- Examine vehicles and diagnose non-routine defects, either in the workshop or during a road test, using knowledge of the vehicles and technologies concerned.
- Examine vehicles and report defects against Department of Environment (MOT) and Vehicle Safety Report (VSR) standards.
- Work in accordance with workshop and dealership Health & Safety requirements.
- Work with colleagues to maintain workshop standards of cleanliness and tidiness.
- Take personal responsibility for the daily maintenance of workshop equipment, and reports equipment defects or problems that need attention.
- Attend all specialised training, product knowledge and any other such relevant training that is requested of you
- Reach / maintain appropriate level of Technician Certification.
- Keep fully aware of all Technical Updates.
- Be fully aware of current recalls.
- Relevant experience in a technical workshop environment.
- Be qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
- A clean, current driving licence.
- Be able to interact with customers to deliver a great service.
- Work efficiently under pressure.
- Understanding of computer systems such as e-mail, using on line training and manufacturer technical systems.
As a technician you will be able to carry out the following:
- Brake system servicing
- Engine electrical
- Engine mechanical
- Body electrical
- Wheel alignment
- Hybrid (component identification)
- A/C performance check
- Visual Safety Report
About our business...
Jemca Car Group is one of the UKs largest Toyota and Lexus dealerships, employing over 500 employees across sites in Greater London and Thames Valley.
Owned by Toyota Tsusho Corporation, a global brand made up of over 428 companies with particular expertise in the automotive sector, we are specialists in our field and are committed to ensuring our customers receive the best experience and service when they visit one of our retail centres.
We believe actions speak louder than words and we set ourselves apart by recruiting fantastic people with a passion for our industry and a desire for success. We pride ourselves in providing our employees with the tools they need to deliver excellence whether that is through our investment in state of the art facilities and equipment or through our commitment to their personal and professional growth through our market leading development programmes.
If you're a professional looking for a role with realistic career progression within a business that promotes positive change and development this is the role for you. Apply online now or contact our Recruitment Team on .