25 days ago
Job Title: Calibration Engineer
Location: F2, Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Design Team Leader
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world.
At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Working within a small dynamic team, balancing multiple targets and constraints to deliver fully optimized calibrations for our motorcycles.
• Testing & development of new software strategies to continually develop and enhance our EMS systems which are growing in complexity to meet ever more stringent legislation (e.g. upcoming Euro 5), expanding technology and growing customer expectations.
• Logging and interpreting data efficiently and applying various strategies to achieve excellent levels of system compliance including, driveability and emissions.
• Carrying out tailpipe and evaporative emissions testing and development.
• Working with and supporting other departments to bring fully optimized motorcycles into production.
• Altitude & environmental testing and development to compensate for ambient pressure & temperature changes that our motorcycles will experience as they are sold into global markets.
• Developing methodologies and procedures to improve the system and calibration process and ensure consistency across all models.
Essential skill requirements:
• Self-Motivated, enthusiastic and a good team player.
• Good understanding of IC engine operation and vehicle control systems.
• Sound fundamental electrical knowledge and ability to apply it to efficiently diagnose faults.
• Proven experience with vehicle data-logging; recording and analysing data.
• Flexible approach, balancing multiple tasks to deliver complete calibrations to strict deadlines.
• Good analytical, organisational and communication skills.
Desirable skill requirements:
• Full motorcycle licence (this will need to be obtained within an agreed period of time following start date).
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is Thursday, 30th November 2017. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here
View all current vacancies
Back to triumphmotorcycles.co.uk