Company Background - Euro Car Parts
Euro Car Parts an LKQ company is the largest automotive aftermarket specialist in the UK, with circa 9,500 employees and 0ver 200 branches nationwide. The business is on track to achieve another record year in terms of, sales and investment into infrastructure, with annualised sales now exceeding £900 million. Euro Car Parts is one of the UKs biggest entrepreneurial success stories of recent times.
Euro Car Parts distributes parts for all makes of cars, including Korean and Japanese programmes and light commercial vehicles. They have over 140,000 different stocked part numbers, significantly exceeding its competitors and this number is constantly growing.
Euro Car Parts Ltd was founded in 1978 by Sukhpal Singh Ahluwalia, a refugee who fled Uganda’s Amin Regime for the UK with his family. At the age of 18 Sukhpal raised £5,000 with help from his father and the bank and set up a car parts shop in North London. Since then the business has seen typical annual growth of 25% and was sold to LKQ Corporation in October 2011 for £280 million. Sukhpal remains an active member of the business having operated as Executive Chairman for the UK business and has more recently joined the main LKQ board in the States as Executive Director. His entrepreneurial flair, passion, high energy, resilience, tenacity and a “will to win” are still intrinsic to the culture of the business.
Euro Car Parts’ parent company - LKQ Corporation is the market leader in collision repair and recycled parts in North America and Europe, with an annualised turnover exceeding $4 billion worldwide and more than 30,000 employees across 7 countries.
- Customers are Trade, National and Retail (online and instore).
- 82,000 deliveries per day
- c. 200 Branches
- 16 Regional Distribution Centres
- 3 National Distribution Centres
- 140,000 parts in stock
- 5.250,000 square foot of warehousing
- 9,500 people in the UK
- Partner with DHL on European Distribution
2014: £716M turnover, £63M pre-tax profit, 8.85% pre-tax profit margin
2013: £587M turnover, £63M pre-tax profit, 10.76% pre-tax profit margin
2012: £438M turnover, £41M pre-tax profit, 9.44% pre-tax profit margin
2011: £340M turnover, £31M pre-tax profit, 9.24% pre-tax profit margin
2010: £271M turnover, £15M pre-tax profit, 5.82% pre-tax profit margin
The Opportunity – Branch Manager
Driving Sales & Margin Performance:
- Motivate and coach the Branch ‘Service Supervisor’ to deliver market leading service, outstanding presentational standards and continuously improved sales performance.
- Take the lead in resolving all customer complaints
- Keep accounts all OFF STOP to avoid compromising sales by having strong administration processes in place
- Manage outstanding cash to ZERO it is the sign of underlying issues
- Manage Cash Banking Discrepancies to a Zero balance
- Coach and support the General Assistant Team to deliver daily task sheets correctly in particular:
- AG4 plan in place and working
- PI counts in place and over 98% accuracy
- All stock correctly located
- Credits always processed on the same day wherever practicable
- Warranty / Surcharges / Damages all managed daily
- Ensure effective morning routines are in place and delivery away by 11am latest
- Ensure all associated fleet systems are fully understood and utilised in Branch daily to maximum effect (e.g. Telematics, Roadhawk, Mobile Eye)
- Constantly review and challenge fleet performance to deliver improved drop and run ratios to maximise effectiveness for customers (minimum 12 runs / 36 drops for bikers & 8 runs / 24 drops for vans)?
- Arrange / conduct vehicle spot checks for damage, abuse and general cleanliness they advertise our ‘brand’!
- Produce business case(s) for any additional fleet required to support sales & profit growth
Improving Customer Connectivity & Relationships:
- Engage the team to understand delivery of excellent customer service will lead to sustainable Branch performance therefore customers are our number one priority
- Deal with customer complaints and turn them into ECP advocates
- Coach all colleagues to portray a positive image of ECP and do not blame other branches / departments but seek to find solutions and avoid damaging the ‘ECP Brand’
- Step up and lead the team in all aspects during the absence of the General Manager
- Coach and demonstrate and align the team to ECP ‘leadership values’
- Work to clear leadership principles:
- Set SMART clear stretching goals
- Communicate clearly, concisely & constantly
- Build trust (do what you say)
- Hold people to account
- Recognition of good performance (be specific)
- Demonstrate fairness and consistency when leading at all time and act as a role model and behavioural moderator
- Drive improved colleague engagement through the Service Supervisor and General Assistants to generate improved customer connectivity and service
- Review and record progress of all new starters at 4, 8 & 12 weeks, create any remedial plans to get back on track
- Ensure full induction training and support for all new starters.
- Review ECP academy courses and ensure these are being completed within appropriate timescales challenge and resolve any issues with timescales
- Identify one behavioural improvement that would enhance performance for each colleague and agree timescales and measures to move forwards, include this in every performance review
- Act as the focal point for cross sales/ operations communications ensuring service is never compromised
- Hold structured team briefing across all Branch employees outlining key objectives and measures daily
- Keep a diary log with successes and challenges to refer to for learning moving forwards in particular around Bank Holiday staffing, key peak periods etc.
Succession Planning / Recruitment:
- Identify successors for each role within the Branch and any competency gaps to be improved with a clear action plan in place individually
- Set in place a clear multi skilling program that gives the flexibility required for self- sufficiency.
- Identify true talent and flag to the ‘Regional Succession Plan’
- Recruit people for outstanding attitude, strong work ethic and flexibility
- Support the recruitment process by respond quickly and hitting all deadlines provided
Planning & Organising:
- Take the GM plans and turn them into deliverable actions that maximise Branch profitability
- Ensure there is a robust staffing plan in place every day with contingency for unforeseen challenges
HASAW / Security / Staff Welfare & HR:
- Ensure HASAW notice board fully updated and correct
- Walk the complete Branch daily and correct any HASAW issues
- Identify any shortfalls in equipment and resolve via Internal Purchasing / Phil Taylor
- Ensure robust processes are in place to maintain colleague facilities to a high standard every day
- Ensure the requisite number of searches and checks are completed in line with Company Policy
- Act like an owner challenge all costs
- Examine the P&L and establish a cost saving plan as a contingency
- Coach team to understand the relationship between sales, cost management to maximise profitability
- Agree colleague performance levels monthly with the GM put plans in place as necessary
- Review colleague performance monthly all ‘Amber Downs’ go straight to PIP with SMART objectives
- Recognise positive performance especially in relation to customer service and publicly acknowledge to demonstrate service importance throughout the team
50.33 hours per week Monday to Friday from 8am – 6pm & Alternate Saturdays from 8am - 4pm
Your career with Euro Car Parts is only limited by your ambition and will to succeed.
For exceeding expectations in this fiercely competitive market we offer:
- A highly competitive salary
- Uncapped monthly bonus
- Genuine career progression
- Holiday discounts with cashback
- Up to 40% discount for tickets to major family attractions and cinemas
- Up to 20% discount for various high street retailers
- Plus amazing deals and discounts for 3000 gyms in the UK
Due to the large volumes of CVs we are currently receiving we are unable to respond to each applicant individually.