Bodyshop Panel Technician
£24,000 to £26,000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Working hours: 13:30 to 22:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a Bodyshop Panel Technician.
Based at our Sheffield Branch you will be responsible for efficiently repairing vehicles and checking on completion that there are no defects.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
* Repair and replace body panels on commercial vehicles, vans and cars
* Strip and fit vehicle for repair
* Weld new panels
* Carry out filler work to the required high standard
* Carry out repairs on Jossam Cab and Chassis Jig
* Ensure Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to at all times
* Ensure appropriate clocking is made and all job cards are completed in a timely manner
* Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness
* Maintain a thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses as required
* Adhere to environmental guidelines and ensure all substances, spillages and waste are addressed in the correct manner
* General duties as determined by the line manager
Key requirements for the role:
* Excellent customer care skills
* Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements
* Experience of body repairs on all types of vehicles
* A welding qualification
* Experience of Jig work and welding
* Current driving licence
* Computer literate
* LGV/HGV licence (desirable)
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, childcare vouchers, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**