Toyota are offering a fantastic opportunity for a Bodyshop Estimator to join our team at our Edgware dealership.
As a Bodyshop Estimator you’ll play a key role in progressing the business and meeting department targets. Friendly and professional, you will ensure every customer’s experience at the dealership is an exceptional one. With great technical knowledge and an eye for detail, you will personally oversee the repairs that you are responsible for to ensure the highest possible standards are achieved. Knowledgeable and professional, you’ll work in your team to achieve the Body shop targets, delivering excellent quality to the customer and without compromising time or safety. Naturally confident, with a wealth of experience you will be a self-starter and able to work with your own initiative when required, but also being mindful of the needs of other team members.
You will be a natural people person who can build great relationships with customers, Insurers, manufacturer partners and colleagues. You will have the drive and determination to succeed whilst maintaining the very best levels of customer service. Your experience will have ideally been previously gained in a busy bodyshop environment.
Self - Development
- Attend all required company, manufacturer and industry specific training when it’s needed.
- Encourage, support and motivate other team members, making it an enjoyable environment.
Deliver complete customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that you deliver outstanding customer service by building rapport with customers, understanding their needs, guiding them towards the products or services that will best meet their needs.
- Schedule work to meet customer requirements taking into account body shop utilisation targets, job complexity and parts/materials availability.
- Update customer database to maintain accurate records of work carried out.
- Update customer on workshop progress regularly.
- Provide accurate estimates for via the required bodywork estimating platform, ensuring that the customer is fully aware of all the likely costs and timescales involved.
Work as a full member of the Centre team.
- Understand the departments’ needs and contribute as an equal partner to the day to day operations of the Body shop department.
- Liaise with Parts when it comes to ordering parts and notify the customer of any potential delays, alongside liaising with other departments where required.
- Liaise with your nominated approved Bodyshop confirming booking dates and obtaining regular updates.
Comply with Jemca process and standards
- Ensure all estimates raised are entered onto the claims log and tracked/ followed up regularly
- Maintain tight control of cash debtors
- Ensure that the relevant authority (where required) is received and recorded before any repair is commenced.
- Strictly follow and comply with the required body shop processes and systems (SOPs) and ensure the team also follow them.
- Process and record warranty claims as per manufacturer’s requirements.
- Ensure that all team workload diaries are maintained and updated on a daily basis.
- Control and ensure maximum usage of courtesy cars, ensuring the customer is insured on a fully comprehensive policy.
Deliver your goals.
- Ensure the achievement of key targets specified by the management.
- Ensure that designated repairers are regularly visited and monitored for quality.
- Follow key processes to achieve specified quality and efficiency targets.
- Ensure vehicle returns are kept to an absolute minimum and that work being released is to the required standard ‘right first time’.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all insurers and their representatives.
- Maintain & promote good working relationships with manufacturers & suppliers.
- Develop &maintain good working relationships at all times with other team members & colleagues
- Computer literate specifically in Word and Excel.
- You will be required to maintain an ATA Approved Vehicle Damage Assessor Licence at all times
- Have strong customer focus & organisational skills
- Be self-disciplined and have a commitment to service delivery
- You will be a good team player
- Be a proactive contributor to business development in general.
- You will be required to maintain a current Auda Enterprise Gold certificate at all times.
About our business…
Jemca Car Group is one of the UKs largest Toyota and Lexus dealerships, employing over 500 employees across sites in Greater London and Thames Valley.
Owned by Toyota Tsusho Corporation, a global brand made up of over 428 companies with particular expertise in the automotive sector, we are specialists in our field and are committed to ensuring our customers receive the best experience and service when they visit one of our retail centres.
If you’re an automotive professional looking for a role with realistic career progression within a business that promotes positive change and development this is the role for you. Apply online now or contact our Recruitment Team to find out more.