about 1 month ago
Assistant Engineering Manager
Salary: £35,700 Per Annum + Benefits
Rota: Mon - Fri
Hours: 6am - 2pm
Our prestigious client, a leader in commercial vehicles, are recruiting for Assistant Engineering Manager to join their great team.
Assistant Engineering Managers are part of a team led by the Engineering Director which work together to resolve the practical and engineering issues facing the fleet.
Key Responsibilities are:
• Ensure that all staff within the garage fully understand and comply with company and statutory requirements in terms of Health & Safety and operating procedures.
• To ensure that the depot peak vehicle requirement is achieved on a daily basis and to ensure that all vehicles supplied for service are cleaned and maintained to a high standard that exceeds the statutory requirements set out by VOSA.
• Dealing with the maintenance, health and safety and environmental impact of Company premises and ensuring legislative compliance. Responsibility for staffing levels, recruitment, training, management, communication and pay of all engineering staff, adhering to Company policies, procedures and formal union agreements.
• This includes absence and performance management. Reduce waste and improve efficiency wherever possible. Effective and efficient administration as record keeping and processing paperwork is an essential part of this role. The successful applicant will have experience in engineering procedures and health and safety legislation. To ensure all vehicle records are kept up to date in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• To maintain adequate levels of PCV licence holders for craft and semi-skilled to facilitate effective workshop utilisation.
• To deputise for the Engineering Manager in their absence.
We're looking for an exceptional people manager with a suitable engineering qualification and at least three years' workshop experience in a transport environment.
You'll be fully conversant with the DVSA testing of PCV and relevant health & safety regulations, as well as self-motivated, pro-active and attentive to detail.
They should be adaptable, determined, and analytical, have evidence of achievement, and have successful experience of developing and managing staff; intermediate level of I.T. skills would be desirable. Proven ability to add value and move the business forward is also vital.
To apply for this Assistant Engineering Manager role with one of the region’s leading commercial vehicle maintainers: Reply to this advert with an up to date copy of your CV or call Bethany Hills at Kemp Recruitment onCharged at BT Local rate) for further information.
17 days ago
only 11 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close