Global Force Resource Ltd is working in partnership with WJ Matthews to recruit qualified Agricultural Mechanics for positions in Moree, New South Wales. Moree is arguably the best farming country with in Australia, the farmers are pioneers of modern farming practices and are farming on the largest scale within Australia. Moree also offers a lot socially, sporting wise and most importantly, a great place to raise and support a family.
WJ Matthews (Holdings) Pty Ltd is a full-service farm machinery dealership supplying sales, service, and parts back-up to the row-crop and broadacre farmers throughout Northern New South Wales. Brands covered include: JCB, CLAAS, Kubota and Goldacres. The successful candidate will ideally hold an accredited qualification in their trade and will be supported by 6 years recent and relevant experience.
You may be required to perform assignments or jobs, which are not specified in the below but, which arise from time to time in the normal operation of the business.
- Discuss work details with the supervisor prior to commencing a job.
- Consult the relevant technical manual for information regarding trouble shooting, test procedures, etc.
- An electronic repair order will be produced for each job. Each time you are required to work on a job, obtain the appropriate repair order. Clock-on your start time and when completed with that job clock-off your time.
- Obtain from Spare Parts Department any parts required for the job, and inform the Workshop Manager of any backorder parts or with problems with parts supply.
- Upon completion discuss repairs with Workshop Manager or Foreman so he/she knows what must be done to the job.
- Parts, which cannot be obtained from the Spare Parts Department, are to have a purchase order raised. This is to be done through the workshop office.
- Return any unused parts to Spare Parts Department for credit against repair order.
- Warranty parts are to be stored in the appropriate place, and make sure warranty officer is aware of parts so they can be tagged.
- Before commencing work on any machinery or vehicle, the area in which the vehicle or machine is to be repaired should be cleaned and prepared.
- If appropriately licensed, perform test drives on machinery or vehicles as required.
- If appropriately licensed, perform vehicle registration inspections as per RTA guide lines.
- Be prepared from time to time to perform overtime.
- If at any time, you should be absent from the workshop for any length of time and / or you won’t be able to return before the end of the day, you must advise Workshop Manager / Foreman of your absence, and your time of return, or if for any reason, you must leave before 5.00 p.m. advise accordingly.
- Attend and service Training Schools or Sessions as directed. Either in town or out of town.
- Attend work shop meetings.
- Maintain and operate shop machine tools correctly and safely and return to their storage location after use. Report any defective equipment to the Workshop Manager.
- Supervise and be responsible for the work of apprentices when assigned to your job.
- Report to Workshop Manager any damage that may occur to machines or vehicles, tools or premises.
- Ensure the wash bay is cleaned after use.
- From time to time you will be required to clean the workshop and yard, tidy up tools or do the tip run.
- If you are the first to arrive or the last to leave, open or close, lock or unlock the workshop and make sure the workshop has been secured and the security system is deactivated or activated.
- Either at the end of the day or completion of the job make sure that all machinery or vehicles you are working on is secure and locked at night and that keys are tagged and placed where the Workshop Manager is aware of.
- At the end of the day if you notice a machine or vehicle is not locked or secured, secure vehicle before you leave.
- Drive carefully and maintain any customer or company vehicle whenever in your possession.
- Keep vehicles/ machinery clean inside and out.
- Always carry out repairs in a responsible and professional manner.
- Always give special attention to repeat repairs so the problem is corrected this time and future comebacks are avoided.
- Meal room must be kept clean and tidy at all times and left clean after use.
- Treat customers with courtesy and respect at all times ensuring to further the goodwill of this company.
- Do not enter controversial conversation with customers until you have discussed the circumstances with the Workshop Manager.
- Do not offer customers any advice about other employees or anther persons work until the matter concerned has been discussed with the Workshop Manager.
- Stop and think before you disclose information as you may become liable for mechanical professional advice or information given to customers if a problem arises, or a contentious issue is involved.
- Competitive hourly rate $28 - $40 (Depending on relevant skills and experience)
- 4 weeks’ annual leave
- Relocation Assistance up to $5000.00
- Assistance with gaining a working visa for Australia
- Uniform Supplied
- Vehicle supplied for business use only
- Company phone supplied for business use only
Ready to Apply…….
GlobalForce would be happy to speak to any potential candidates regarding the roles. So if you are serious about relocating and keen to pursue your career in the automotive/transport industry please contact us immediately.
For more information, please contact Aisha Browne by telephone or email.