Are an experienced Recovery Technician seeking a new opportunity?
If so, then the perfect opportunity for you has just come to light offering an outstanding earning potential!
This role is like no other, as my client is seeking to employ an experienced Motor Vehicle Technician to fulfil the role as a 24/7 Recovery Service Technician. You will be working with mainly light commercial vehicles with the odd breakdown or recovery of a HGV vehicle.
You will be required to remotely manoeuvre across South East London, in a fully equipped van, assisting all customers with the breakdown and recovery of their vehicles. You should be experienced in either a main dealership environment or possess extensive experience working as a LCV, HGV or Recovery Technician.
An opportunity not be missed, especially with the support, training and development this company provides.
A little more insight into this position should help assess whether this is right for you….
You will be:
- Attending the location of the broken-down vehicle, recongnising and diagnosing faults or repairs to be made
- Using all your skills and expertise to repair the vehicle at roadside if possible
- Receiving all information regarding the job including: location, problem and time of attendance on your hand-held device, provided to you
- Limited to accept the job within a certain time period
- Ensuring all customers' expectations are managed to the highest quality whilst providing all with excellent customer service
- Maintaining the vehicle records by recording repairs that have been carried out by yourself onto to hand held device
- Ensuring effective use of tools and equipment, whilst ensuring all tools and equipment are kept clean and maintained to a good standard for re-use
- Communicating effectively with customers and updating them with any problems in or delays that could be involved in either attending thir broken-down vehicle or in carrying out the repairs
- Adhering and completing all work to company and brand standards, procedures and processes
- Co-operating on a daily basis with call centre who send through all your designated jobs
- Upholding excellent relationships with customers, maintaining the reputation of the brand and company you are working for
- Obeying with all company Health and Safety policies and standards
What are we looking for in you?
A qualified City & Guilds Levels 1, 2 & 3 or equivalent NVQ Motor Vehicle Technician with a minimum of three years post apprenticeship experience
- Strong previous experience as a Technician working with either cars, LCVs or HGVs
- Experience as a recovery technician is also highly desired but not necessary
- A self-motivated individual with the drive to progress further and achieve outstanding results
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Working efficiently and effectively to complete jobs within a timely manner
- The ability to always provide a high standard of service at any given time#
- Confident in your skills and expertise to be able to work alone as a Mobile technician
- A Full UK Driving Licence
- You must have your own tools
You will be required to work: Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm as well as on call (24/7) every 1 in 3 weeks - where you will be call at night and on the weekends (additional pay involved).
What will you hard work be rewarded with?
- A basic salary of £23,400 with an uncapped OTE of £50,000.
Your basic salary is calculated based on £10 per call during the normal working hours of 8am to 6pm. Working past 6pm and working on the weekends is what will contribute to you exceeding the £50,000 mark where you will be given £50 per call during these unsociable hours.
Additional company benefits to be revealed when you apply to this position
HCP International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.